Sunday, November 4, 2012

Open Question

Many of us think of stories in our heads that we would like to see written or made into a movie. This is because as we think about the nature of the story, we can picture how it will be played out on the big screen or how it can be written in the form of narration in dialogue to create a novel. What kind of story do you imagine being written in the form of a comic book/graphic novel? That is to say, a story written through both text and pictures in a sequential panel layout.

2 comments:

  1. I can think of two types of stories that would have this type of layout. The first would be a superhero type of story. A typical Batman and Robin or Spiderman story would go great with this layout. After all, the comics did come before the movies.
    Another would have to be some type of comedy. The openness of the layout and the openness of the style go hand in hand with one another. I personally would be confused if I seen a very serious type of movie written in this style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you know about this online superhero game but it is pretty sick! It's called DC Universe Online, although i don't play video games i think the whole story and concept is amazing.

    Here's a link to the game ending trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Ogqu570II

    Another Video Game that should be a movie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkTQSbE6Bc



    ReplyDelete